Friday, November 6, 2009

Little story about Mas Oyiek

Today I was having a little chat with another good friend in Yogya, Arief Hartawan a.k.a Mas Oyiek, a professional video editor. I knew him from one mac forum about a year ago, but apparently at that time I never had a chance to know him closer.

To be frank, a year ago I had a low self esteem every time I talked with him. He's a very talented people, while I was just a newbie on editing and stuff. Simply I felt so little and didn't have any confidence to talk with him. So, I just called him at ym only if I needed his help and didn't try to get closer.

But it was before I met him again on my summer breaks in Yogya, last June-August and got a chance to do some work with him, which made us had to spend some time together.
Fortunately, it gave me a chance also to know him better than before. Then, as time goes by, I found that he was a really good friend not only to work with, but also to talk and spend time together.

As a person, he amazed me day by day. He isn't being limited by the circumstances around, yet he's always exploring new things alone. Won't be a surprise at all if he know almost everything.

Below is his project about one famous place in Yogya, Malioboro Street with me as the host.

believe it or not, he made the whole production only by his little canon ixus!

Now he already become one of a couple person that I respect so much. Just too bad that I got a chance to know him closer just when I was gonna leave soon, so it was only a little time left to learn many thing from him.
However, at least I got those chance :)
And before I left, he sent me a text message, asked me to fight for my dream here in Seattle for his part.
"Titip mimpi-mimpiku di sana ya."



Let me tell you one little secret now :)
Discreetly, now he is one of my role model too. Those last sentence before I went become my motivation to work and fight harder than before; knowing that a very talented people like him trust me that much.
Yeah, now every time I felt down here, I remember not giving up, because I want to learn as much as I can here for his part too.
So someday I can go back home and share him things that I learned.
I mean, look!!! He's a very talented people, but instead I'm the one who so damn lucky and blessed for having a chance to study aboard :(
So, I would be soooooooo much embarrassed by myself if I couldn't do that someday!!!

Today, we had a little chat and I was so grateful by reading what he wrote.

Even I knew... not yet. He's the one who is a very great director and editor; I'm not.... Not yet.
but I know... as long I keep fighting my best, someday I will :)
I'm looking forward to that day.
And at that time, I do really want to work with him :)

And if somehow you read this, Mas Oyiek. I just want to say thanks for everything.
It's such a bless to know you :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my,... what kind of role model anyway? :)
    And where's my word? ... oh I lost it ...

    ...
    can't say a word
    Thanks Sara,... :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Stella Pacis - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords