Saturday, October 31, 2009

MultiCamera Production Today

Yeayyy... I've done with my first multi camera production project :D Tonight, me and friends went to Triple Door Theatre to shoot a live stage performance there: Viva Oz Vegas.
Quite interesting and nice play actually.

Those pictures were taken by my friend, Paul Turcott

We got our crew call on 3 pm at campus cage, then walked down the street around 10 minutes to get there. Need a couple hours to set all the equipment and cables, including 2 panasonic dvcpro, 1 sony hd, switcher, etc. My teacher signed me to be a technical director today. So basically I was responsible to manually switch video sources, perform live edits and overlay titles as ordered by the director.
It was fun!

My teacher, Dan Fabrizio. Next to him was Dusty, the Program Director.
I was the little blurry image, right in front the monitor


The switcher I operated tonight, we called it "big blue"

After the show finished, we need to pack up all the equipment in hurry and brought back to the car before the next show started. Kinda hectic, but I did really enjoy my job and the performance itself.

Oh ya... I was the only girl again on the production team :D So simply said, I was surrounded by boys :)) My teacher asked me and wondered, why it often happened like that?
I don't know why actually...

But maybe the reason is because there's not much girl who involves at this field in term of being the person behind the scene. It takes a lot of works and responsibilities; we have to carry all the heavy equipment and set it up by ourself, walk around to make sure it works properly, put ourself on the tight schedule and hectic never ending work, and sooooo on.

As for me as a girl, it mean I have to work hard... and just forget about the idea to dress up like girls in common: wear the cute wardrobe, pretty make up and high heels :p
Just as what happened tonight at the show. There were a lot of beautiful girls around me, dressed up with a pretty dress with make ups on their face. They sat nicely and had their fine dinner with a pricey food and a glass of margarita/wine/etc, while I was in simply shirt and converse kets, carried all the stuff and cable, did my work.

But I love it thou' :D
I love the hectic schedule on my production days... I do enjoy when I have to carry all the heavy equipment, even it means lot of sweats on me.
I do enjoy the satisfy feeling after the project is done, even it means tiredness :)
and most of all.... I do proud to myself, as I know that I don't only have a pretty face, but also a brain and spirit to work hard :D
And for me.... those feeling is priceless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Stella Pacis - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords