Friday, October 16, 2009

About TVc

Well,.. finally I'm back :D
Time flies, eh? I even didn't realize that it's been a couple months since the last time I wrote my first post, which was quite depressed I guess? :p
Hehehe...
Yeah, I was pretty exhausted at that time, surrounded by deadlines, deadlines, deadlines + pressures of important work to do. But all of it has done already. Yeayyy :)


That's me and my younger sister, having vacation in Bali
after those hard months :)

The important work that I did was a TVC (TV Commercial) for the event name 'Yogyakomtek', the biggest computer expo in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. To be frank, it was the first time for me doing such kind of job as a professional, no wonder I really got stressed.
I mean, I was just a third quarter film student who didn't have any experience before. That's right that sometimes I made a couple video, but oh my... it was only for the sake of my campus project. and I still often made LOT of mistakes: focus, white balance, composition, etc.
And suddenly I had to in charge for the whole production, started from the concept idea until the editing process.

It was a very close friend of mine who offered me this job. He was one of the committee of the event and he trusted me to do that. Actually, I was about to reject his offer in the first place. I told him my worries that I wasn't capable enough and there were a lot of people who more capable than me to do such quite those job. But then he told me that the reason he offered me, simply because he believed that I could. The fact that I lacked experiences didn't matter, he said; moreover it would be a great chance for me to gain the experience. "Where is Sara that I know?" He asked me.
And I accepted.

The process of pre-production took about a month on June-July since I was still in Seattle, in the middle of my school time. I had to manage my time carefully in order to make those two things worked together. I had to gave him five stories, so I spent every single time when I wasn't at campus to think, think, and think: at my way to campus on bus, when I walked back home, at my lunch time :p After that, I consulted it with him through ym or skype. As soon as he gave his approval, I moved to work with the story line and storyboard...
which is due on the same time as my final week.
I was completely exhausted :)

The production and post production time itself took about a month and half on August-September, after I finished with my spring quarter and headed back home. I had a great and also hectic time back then; I learned many things and gained a lot of experiences working with new people.






It was just a small production team actually, only 3 people included me.
So it's almost like "one man show" with me acted as a creative director, script writer, storyboard artist, director, cameramen, and also editor :)
My friend was a producer and the other one acted as our assistant and took care the rest of little thing.
When it's done and I delivered the final DVD to him... I was really relieved and proud of us. We did it :)

Here we were: me, Bee, and Kotrex
I'm looking forward to work with them again.

He told me that I did a good job, but I know I could do better.
There's still a lot of thing I have to learn in order to explore my talent and ability to produce something better in the future
And discreetly I made a promise to myself:
that someday, after I graduate and settled with my career, I will come back and ask if I can make one or two TVC again for them... for free :)
And I promised myself... I will make them the best TVC ever, multiple times better from what I did before.
Because I guess, I owe them (especially, him) a lot... For trusting me much even when I was no one :)

So, here I am now. Back in my daily life, studying and pursuing my dream here at Art Institute of Seattle as before.
Struggling with works, projects, and assignments to be done... I just need to fight hard as what I always did.

Back then, I was really stress with this whole TVC thing... but it's done and the time for me to smile watching it has come.
It passed...
and I know everything ahead of me will be the same :)
No matter how hard it is, I just need to keep moving on and trying harder.
and everything will pass... again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Stella Pacis - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords