Sunday, July 8, 2012

I should understand more...

To those whom much is given, of him shall much be required.
-Luke 12: 48


I saw much in Facebook lately...
My friend from my previous campus in Yogya are getting married one by one.
I saw their wedding ceremony picture one after one, another after another.
And suddenly, this thought stroked my mind.

"What kind of thought? Do you want to get married as well?"
No, that's NOT the question. I don't feel any urge to rush it neither.
But I have this kind of thought...

I do look back to the days we were together and I remembered each of them
They are not kind of bright, smart, or ambitious people
They are all pretty ordinary
From the countryside, from a conservative family, studying for the sake of the degree, graduated then working as teacher in ordinary school, going to church every Sunday, involving much in their Church activities, and so on...
No ambition to be the best one, no desire for pursuing and learning another thing
Something I did consider boring at this whole time

But now, they all have a settled live
Still ordinary, but it seems calm without much drama and stuff
Experienced nothing broad, but satisfied with their modest life
Seeing nothing much, but enough with their simple world
Yeah, simple.... 
Studying, graduated, working, finding a similar partner, then married with no big celebration
Nothing extraordinary, but simply peaceful one.

I found it boring this whole time, as I have this big ambition of mine along the way...
I wanted to learn many things, I wanted to pursue a big dream and stuff
I ran here and there, experienced this and that, saw good and bad, did both behave and naughty.

I've been living in a grey line...
Have no regret, I have broader view of world than any of them by now
But in the mess like this,
I do wonder... If I did thrown every single ambition of mine since the beginning
If I did satisfy with those simple life...
Would my life be better than now?

"To those whom much is given, of him shall much be required."
I should understand more...




1 comment:

 
Stella Pacis - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords