Thursday, May 6, 2010

What is your definition of success?

I bet all of us have our own different answer for that.
The most common answers are:
"Success means I get a great and prestigious job and make a LOT of money"
or
"If I have the most beautiful/ handsome girl/boyfriend"
or
"If I have a big house with plenty of maids to help, a wife to take care of me, and children that I can be proud of"
or
"If I win in a big competition in the first place"
or
"If I become famous among others"

Then some people who can think more deeply might answer:
"I consider myself successful if If I can make my parents proud of me"
or
"Success for me is seeing my loved ones smile and happy"

...
But for me, all the answers above are NOT my definition of success :)
Definitely.

No no no.... it doesn't mean that I don't want all of above.
Frankly, I still desire it on my own.
But... it just not what I aim the most in life.

For me, what I can success is:
if somehow my presence in life becomes a blessing for others
if somehow my presence in life has made someone's life become easier :)

Like today, in the middle of my boring science class, I got a Boxcar notification that somebody mentioned my name in twitter. I checked it.
Emelly, one of my choir friend when I was still in Bogor, sent me a twit. She said, she planned to write a blog post about me because after all I was one of her biggest inspiration.

After I read that, I was like... WHAT???
I couldn't stop smiling, blushing, and flattered at the same time.
A simple sentence had definitely made my day.

Later at night, I read her post... and long story short, she wrote about her current feeling and how my experience back then reminded her to keep being thankful about what she's already got in life.

After I read that, I just didn't know how to express what I felt. A feeling of grateful and thankfulness rushed out from my heart and almost bursted me into tears.

And I bowed my head down and discreetly said a prayer... to God Himself...
And said "thank you"

This is such a priceless moment.
This little feeling definitely can't be traded with anything else....
Forget the glorious fame, put aside the glamorous joy that money and pride can bring.
Knowing that somehow my life has touched another life.... it's one of the miracle that God has created in life.

I'm no one... I'm just nobody... I never do something really big and good...
But yet, somehow the way I live has helped somebody to live better than before.
If it wasn't a miracle, I don't know what I should name it.
Having a lot of money? Having a prestigious job? Being famous and well-known among others?
There're totally NOTHING compare to this.

Thank you God...
For making me able to feel this way.
For me... this is what I call true success in life :)
And I know this can't be happened without Your interference in my life.
So thank you :)


1 comment:

  1. reading this blog makes me blushing too.. lol
    well.. praise God banget yah ci buat karya-Nya yang ajaib.. yang menjadikan qta perpanjangan tangan-Nya buat orang lain..

    keep up the good work ci!! Gbu :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Stella Pacis - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords